Friday, April 2, 2010

Cause I'm Black yall, I'm black y'all, I'm bl- bl- black black yall!

Hayford Siaw, founder and local entrepreneur. I searched the internet for years look for the right opportunity to volunteer and experience an African country. At the age of 23ish this guy may have very well started the 1st and only African based volunteering nonprofit org. He is a product of Ghana and because of that he can provide you with opportunities that foreign non profit could only dream of. vpwa.org if you are interested in an experience of a life time
Portia (Ghanaian) and Megan (Canadian). I am the guy in the middle, lol. Yes that's me, darker than most Africans care to be!
Just chillin, working on my tan
Independence Square this is where Ghana 1st announced it's independence from colonial rule in 1957. Can you believe they were the first African country to do this??? I knew they were the 1st but 1957? Really?!?! But I won't get into that...kind of makes me mad.

They say never put your money in your back pocket and never go out alone and never leave your things out. Man these pick pocketers and beggars ain't worried about me. They take one look and assume i am one of them and proceed to ask the Canadian chick (obroni) for money. They refuse to believe I am American, they continue to speak Twi to me like its nothing. I hope I don't loose my passport because I won't make it home if i do, lol. U.S. government would send me right back like "Naw he ain't one of ours"

It feels good to finally have internet, its slower than I thought so pics take a while and videos may have to wait until I get home. Lets hope not because I witnessed an African religious ritual that most AFRICANS have never even seen but on tv. I can not tell yyou what happens! You have to see it! Son...Son, it's crazy son! I am going to try and post it tonight but long story short i stay with an African high priest (how cool is that?!) and as most people know, Christian holidays are usually at the same time as non-Christian holidays.

Tomorrow I will work on finding an easier way to post pictures because blog style is not it

No comments: